Sat, Dec 17|
Wreaths Across America 2022
Team HKS DC Supports Wreaths Across America!
Time & Location
Dec 17, 2022, 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Arlington, Arlington, VA, USA
About The Event
Continuing our holiday tradition since 2017, HKSDC invites you to join Team HKSDC Wreaths Across America on December 17, 2022. Our volunteerism for this event is always so robust that we’re awarded our own freight truck full of wreaths to distribute at Arlington National Cemetery. That’s a big task that requires many hands so we encourage you to sign up, save the date, and reconnect with some HKSDC pals doing good that Saturday!
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Arrival times: 8am and 9am (an approximately 6am if you are one of our 11 truck crew members
- End time: 12:00 PM (estimated), or whenever you have to leave
- Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA, USA
- RSVP: Please register both: (1) here and (2) here
- No-host lunch: Texas Jack’s BBQ, 2761 Washington Blvd in Arlington at noon
Wreaths Across America is a nonprofit international enterprise which honors laid-to-rest veterans at the holidays with a wreath or a rock and the out-loud pronouncement of their name. The program began in 1992, when a wreath manufacturing family in Maine found themselves with a seasonal surplus. Shortly thereafter, they drove through the night to place their wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery. Their spontaneous goodwill has since inspired tens of thousands of others as the initiative has grown internationally. So too, has the HKS presence grown - to more than 100 volunteers last year.
As those who have participated know: neither rain, sleet, or snow will keep us away from this self-appointed duty! As always, we thank you for your continued support of that HKS concept of service that most fundamentally unites us and look forward to reconnecting with you soon!
- To volunteer, you’ll need to register twice: both on our website, so that we can communicate prior to the event, and once through the official WAA site (please sign up for any “gate” listed – we will follow with instructions on where, in the cemetery “our” truck will be located).
- If you’d also like to serve as one of our eleven “Truck Crew” members this year and/or have additional questions, please connect with Joelle Schmitz, HKSDC WAA Truck Chief at email@example.com.
- Proof of registration will be required for every attendee/volunteer – please bring a hard copy of your confirmation to be scanned and a valid photo ID.