29th Annual HKS Alumni-Student Networking Night and Career Panel
Time & Location
About The Event
REGISTER FOR CAREER PANEL ($15): Join the HKS DC Alumni Network for a night of networking, career advising, and catching up with classmates! The doors will open at 5:00, and the panel will begin at 5:15. Register here for an exclusive alumni panel discussion about mid-career pivots or transitions. This will be a great discussion about how to identify and land your next big career opportunity from DC’s finest career professionals:
- Nick Lovegrove: Nick Lovegrove is a veteran consultant, executive coach, and writer. He is currently the US managing partner of the Brunswick Group, a global corporate advisory firm. He previously spent more than thirty years of his career at McKinsey & Company, where he became a senior partner in the London Office, and then the managing partner of the Washington, DC Office. He took time out of his McKinsey career to serve as a strategic advisor to British prime minister Tony Blair; and he has worked with multiple organizations in the business, government and non-profit sectors. Nick has been a senior fellow at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government; a senior fellow in the Global Economy program of the Brookings Institution; and a visiting lecturer at Oxford University’s Blavatnik School of Government. He is a graduate of Oxford and Harvard universities, and has an MBA from INSEAD in France. Nick is the author of The Mosaic Principle: The Six Dimensions of a Remarkable Life and Career, which will be published by Public Affairs in the US on November 1, 2016 and by Profile Books in the UK on January 26, 2017.
- John Hesse: John conducts searches on behalf of trade associations, companies, and other organizations. He also provides confidential candidate representation to lawyers, lobbyists, and other government affairs professionals. John is the only executive search consultant in Washington who has lobbied, run a corporate government affairs program, practiced law, run a state issue campaign and run an association government affairs department. Prior to joining The McCormick Group, John operated his own consulting firm, Cero Strategies, LLC. He is a well-respected Washington advocate and has a long track record of achievements in federal, international and state government affairs. He has managed and directed all aspects of two national government affairs/legal departments. Prior to forming his own consulting firm, John was Chief Legal Officer and Vice President of Government and Public Affairs for SOHO Resource Group, Inc. (SOHO). In this capacity he provided strategic, regulatory, corporate, transactional, and government affairs counsel to the company from its Washington, DC office. He managed a diverse portfolio including health care, insurance, tax, and small business issues for SOHO before Congress, the White House and Cabinet Departments, and various state governments.
- Aaron Kleiman: Aaron is a military officer and Air Force Special Operations pilot with 15 years of leadership experience, over 1000 combat hours, and experience in four major weapons systems. A graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School Master of Public Administration program, he possesses extensive experience in strategic and tactical planning; risk, criticality, and vulnerability assessments; risk mitigation; and development of antiterrorism plans and procedures. He has deployed to Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East and is experienced in strategic and tactical ISR as well as joint ground combat operations. He has worked extensively with other military services as well as civilian agencies, to include Army and Navy Special Operations, the National Security Agency, and the FAA. Major Kleiman holds a TS/SCI clearance and possesses strong leadership, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Additionally, he is a proven entrepreneur as the founder of LunarEagle Real Estate, a multi-state real estate and property management company with over $2 Million in real estate holdings.
- Michele Woodward: Michele Woodward is a Master Certified Coach who has coached executives across the U.S. and around the world, from Japan and Australia to Latin America and Europe. A former Reagan White House official and corporate executive, Michele works primarily with senior leaders who want to be more effective in their work, grow their strategic vision and expand their leadership skills. Over the years, Ms. Woodward has trained and mentored hundreds of other coaches and is considered a “coach’s coach.” Before becoming a coach, Ms. Woodward led a strategic communications and marketing consulting business in the late 1990s, working with technology start-ups and high-tech firms in the Washington, DC-area. Prior to owning her own business, she was a senior executive with the Wexler Group, a leading lobbying and public affairs firm in Washington, DC, and served as Chief of Staff to CEO Anne Wexler. Clients included Fortune 100 companies, non-profits and trade associations. She is the author of several books and has appeared as an expert in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Harvard Business Review, PsychologyToday.com and other key outlets. She’s a sought-after speaker, leads workshops and classes around the country, and writes a popular blog.
REGISTER TO BE A NETWORKER (FREE): Interested in making new HKS connections and catching up with fellow alumni at this structured networking event? Advanced registration has closed, but alumni can sign up at the door.
An informal networking happy hour at Mackey's Public House (1306 G St NW) with HKS alumni will follow.
- Career Panel - Regular$15$150$0
- Career Panel - Recent Grad$10$100$0